Senior Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Burberry Limited
Burberry Limited urgently required following position for Senior Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Burberry Limited Jobs Details:
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To develop and to engineer materials as an area of excellence for Burberry.
- Supplier/industry facing.
- Manage raw materials from development to industrialisation (bulk).
- Reduces issues at bulk.
- Drive innovation and quality improvements.
- Support our headquarter teams if any action/fix needs to be done in region.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with suppliers, to stay current and accomplish material development objectives.
- Build relationship with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances.
- Gains in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods.
- Expert knowledge on Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology.
- Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation; Own a material subtype / Category.
- Assesses benchmark and directs deep dive analysis of Raw Material components and identifies growth opportunities.
- Provide detailed directions to suppliers for Raw Material technical development.
- Hold Suppliers accountable to Raw Materials. performance standards, processes and expectations;
- Identify opportunities for on boarding, training and elevation of Suppliers.
- Lead Special projects and provide training and guidance to peers and partners.
- Project management (reporting, leadership, engage with people).
- Appetite for innovation.
- Laboratory and testing knowledge.
- Comfort in assessing and interpreting test reports
- Italian language.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Materials development or manufacturing.
- Experience of high fashion or luxury brand ideally
- Must have spent formative years in Tannery
- Must have lead the development end to end skins/hides for luxury sector.
- Knowledge of tanning chemistry and in depth knowledge of leather finishing.
- Comfortable with bovine and ovine skins.
- Master Degree in leather engineering.