Principal System Firmware Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic
Medtronic urgently required following position for Principal System Firmware Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal System Firmware Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Jobs Details:
- Understand the product/system requirements and drive architecture decisions
- Take technical ownership of the software architecture
- Assessing technical feasibility and developing alternative solutions
- Quickly developing functional prototypes that demonstrate the feasibility of solutions/technologies
- Develop and maintain system firmware for medical devices
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Work collaboratively with local and/or oversees engineering teams to guide and coordinate the system firmware development based on the designed architecture
- Establish and maintain the software design documents throughout the entire system life cycle
- Establish/perform software test and verification plans, oversee the execution of the plan, and determine the acceptance criteria
- Participate in and/or review the software risk assessment and risk control measures to ensure the safety of the system software
- Follow relevant quality procedures to ensure quality compliance and high quality work output
- BS or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- For principle role: 10+ years relevant experience for BS, 8+ years relevant experience for Master.
- Expert level bare metal, BSPs, RTOS (and/or embedded Linux) kernel development skills for embedded MCUs and MPUs
- Professional experience in embedded/firmware device driver
- In-depth experience with one or more functional areas such as:
o Communications: WLAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac), Classic Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, etc.
o Multimedia: image and video processing in embedded system
o Sensors: sensor data acquisition and processing
o Encryption: data/message encryption and decryption
- Expert level C/C++ programming skills required in an embedded system development environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in excellent coding practices
- Ability to define, develop and implement automated unit/integration test solutions
- Ability to perform code review, static code analysis, and dynamic code analysis
- Ability to use analytical techniques and tools, e.g. debuggers, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience in medical device SW development is added advantage
- Experience with software hazard analysis is added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of standards and guidance relevant to the medical industry is preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with team members from various disciplines, e.g. hardware, mechanical, quality, regulatory, etc
- Team player with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required