Project Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific urgently required following position for Project Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Cathay Pacific Jobs Details:
Department: Enterprise Portfolio Management Office
Reports to: EPMO Manager
EPMO (Enterprise Portfolio Management Office) has a strategic position within Cathay Pacific to help ensure that projects/programmes proceed on the basis of their portfolio prioritization, strategic alignment, benefits, company objectives and priorities.
The EPMO assists with the review and assessment of project investments, monitors compliance to project governance, undertakes Portfolio Management across all CPA projects and oversees the benefits tracking reporting process.
As a Project Accountant/EPMO Analyst you will be highly motivated and work as part of a small matrix team structure to provide financial and project governance and support across a portfolio of projects.
- Assist with the assessment and analysis of proposed project investments
- Ensure understanding of the accounting treatment of project expenses with business units and project managers
- Coordinate appropriate financial accounting records, management information and reports for projects
- Manage portfolio financials, budgets and forecasts
- Support the review of benefits and provide advice to enhance the tracking of the benefits
- Work with business units to ensure the tracking of project benefits
- Collect and analyse data on benefits realisation
- As part of a team, understand the detail of projects and provide governance advice to project teams
- Support project teams to understand project dependency, risk and issue management
- Review project closeout documentation for accuracy and completion
- Work across the portfolio to monitor the delivery of project outcomes
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of PDLC processes, templates and systems
- Relevant degree and/or experience in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Professional designation in Accountancy preferable
- Minimum 4 years of project or finance experience, or experience in working in PMO and/or managing projects, budget and financial tracking
- Strong analytical mind, organising and planning skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Agility to work within a team environment
- A quick learner with the ability to work independently, be self-motivated and attentive to detail
- Strong reporting skills by producing reports, documentation and presentations, MS Excel experience
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Organisational Understanding
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships