Investment Analyst Wealth Hong Kong Jobs Vacancy in Marsh
Marsh urgently required following position for Investment Analyst Wealth Hong Kong. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Analyst Wealth Hong Kong Jobs Vacancy in Marsh Jobs Details:
We are currently seeking a Wealth analyst, to join our growing team addressing the investment related challenges of institutional asset owners and financial intermediaries. This role will be based in Hong Kong and targeted at individuals that are newly-graduating from tertiary education.
In this role, you will
- Carry out analytical and reporting duties under guidance of experienced associates. The analytical aspects would include:
- Investment performance calculations for client portfolios, utilizing Mercer’s proprietary database and combining internal information with external data from asset managers.
- Carry out desktop research to facilitate team’s house views and discussions on topics of such as:
- Prevalence of strategic beta investing
- Industry views on recent regulations from MPFA, SFC, HKMA, MiFID etc.
- Trends in ESG investing
- Correlation of hedge fund strategies relative to traditional asset classes
- Prepare documents/reports based on readily available templates, with room for you to introduce new format, styles or content that you consider useful to our clients.
- Attend and gain knowledge through internal training sessions. These are held monthly (at least) providing overview of the activities of the Wealth team, technical learning and also introduction to other lines of business within Mercer.
- Complete tasks efficiently while learning more about own technical capabilities and expanding awareness and knowledge about Mercer Wealth.
- Ensure client folders are well-maintained, with good audit trail of the client communication, internal instructions and final output.
- Be a reliable support to senior team members on project delivery, development of intellectual property and market profile.
- Understand and apply appropriate Mercer methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments.
- Interact with more senior team members to contribute to collaborative culture and demonstrate proactive behavior.
- Strong communication skills to enable you to carry out tasks efficiently with minimal hand-holding, ability to interpret high level instructions and translate that into ground-level deliverables
- Motivated to deliver good quality work, with minimal errors (e.g. typos, grammar, formatting).
- Need to have strong personal management to be able to handle variety of tasks, with diverse objectives and team-members to satisfy.
- Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Economics, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, etc
- Can demonstrate strong communication, analytical and technical skills. Ability to articulate complex and technical information, within parameters of your role and level, in layman and concise ways. Ability to build rapport with team members and proactive in own development.
- Have strong self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the team. Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with team members.
- Good Excel, Powerpoint and Word capabilities. Including familiarity with typical functions for financial calculations from first principles, formatting of tables/charts and text.
- Language requirements: Strong English, Cantonese and Mandarin abilities. Korean would be an added benefit.
- Commitment to undertake professional exams
To be successful in this role, there are some basic expectations but we wish to emphasize that Mercer takes an approach of trusting individuals to shape the role based on maximum contribution to the overall team and pushing boundaries for personal development.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Job Client Service
Primary Location Hong Kong
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.