Investment Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Swiss
Swiss urgently required following position for Investment Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Swiss Jobs Details:
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Reinsurance provides clients and brokers with reinsurance products, insurance-based capital market instruments and risk management services. Reinsurance operates globally through two segments – Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Reinsurance revenues totalled USD 29 billion in 2016.
About Team and Role:
Principal Investments & Acquisitions (PIA), part of Swiss Re's Group Asset Management function, manages a portfolio of direct equity investments in the insurance space (Principal Investments). We are also responsible for the strategic M&A activities of the Swiss Re Group. As a global team of investment professionals, we monitor the existing Principal Investments portfolio, and source and execute new transactions.
PIA is looking to add an Investment Analyst to our Asia team. The Investment Analyst will be based in Hong Kong and cover the Asia-Pacific region, with a significant part of his/her time spent on projects and portfolio positions in Mainland China
In this role you will support us in the evaluation, execution and monitoring of principal investments and other corporate transactions across Asia Pacific. You will be responsible for performing general market research to identify attractive investment themes and potential targets in the region, analyze specific investment opportunities alongside experienced team members and prepare proposals to internal decision bodies. Your tasks will include financial modelling, valuation analysis and due diligence work. You will interact with the global PIA team and coordinate with internal functions. Furthermore you will support the preparation of regular reporting on our investment portfolio.
- You will be actively involved in all stages of managing our Principal Investments portfolio and support strategic M&A activities across the Swiss Re Group:
- Stay abreast of macro/financial market developments and corporate finance activities in the (re)insurance industry through market research.
- Support the evaluation of specific transactions and the preparation of proposals, including development of investment thesis, financial modelling, valuation, due diligence and structuring.
- Assume responsibility for defined tasks in the execution of projects, including market data research, financial modeling, coordination of workstreams, and preparation of presentations.
- Support monitoring of assigned Principal Investment positions through analysis of financial reporting, participate in meetings with portfolio company management teams and prepare monitoring reports and board briefing materials.
- Help to coordinate due diligence efforts, including effective management of external advisors and internal cross-functional teams.
- Build meaningful business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- College / University degree or equivalent; economics, finance degree or business management preferred (but not required).
- Two to three years of relevant work experience such as investment banking, investment management, private equity or corporate development. Insurance / financial services experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English and Chinese (Mandarin) skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong motivation to learn about or further develop knowledge of the (re)insurance industry.
- Strong financial acumen, critical thinking, flair for numbers and excellent analytical, financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Project management support skills; ability to work on multiple time sensitive projects at a time.
- Independent and fast learner approaching problems with curiosity and flexibility.
- Open and outgoing personality, flexible to take on variety of challenges and ad hoc tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- Self-confident; ability to face clients, business partners and senior colleagues.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Willing to travel within Asia-Pacific, at times at short notice, for transaction execution and portfolio monitoring.