Scientific Officer Medical Pathology Haematology Jobs Vacancy in Hospital Authority
Hospital Authority urgently required following position for Scientific Officer Medical Pathology Haematology. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientific Officer Medical Pathology Haematology Jobs Vacancy in Hospital Authority Jobs Details:
The Scientific Officer (Medical) shall be responsible to Service Coordinator/Consultant Pathologist of HKCH (Haematology) in performing the following duties:
1. Technology and platform evaluation and test development related to haematology and transfusion medicine.
2. Contribution to clinical service provision.
3. Provision of expert scientific input to laboratory issues.
4. Quality management and accreditation.
5. Training of technical and clinical staff.
6. Participation in research activities in alignment with institution's direction.
Complementary and Supportive Duties
1. Support the management of laboratory.
Either one of the following qualifications:
A Master’s degree in clinical science subject from a local university or
A degree in an appropriate subject related to the sub-specialties in
Pathology from a local university or equivalent and 2 years’ experience.
(Note: Candidates may be advised to approach the Hong Kong Council for Academic Accreditation for assessment on equivalent qualifications, if in doubt.)
1. Commitment to patient care in laboratory service provision and development with effective leadership and teamwork.
2. Experience in flow cytometry/serology/protein and enzyme analysis.
3. Experience in laboratory accreditation.
4. Experience in cytogenetics and molecular genetic testing.
5. Skills in information technology such as laboratory information system and analyzer interfacing, middleware handling and POCT connectivity.
6. Self-motivated, creative, independent and detail-minded with good analytical skills and time management ability.
For HA Serving Staff
1. The selected candidate will be offered either contract or fixed term appointment for up to 3 years depending on his / her existing employment terms. Serving contract employee will be offered contract employment with an up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as end-of-contract gratuity subject to completion of contract with satisfactory performance. Serving permanent employee will be offered fixed term appointment with a reversion clause according to prevailing policies.
2. The offer of salary and allowance (Cash Allowance, Fixed-flexi Allowance or Monthly Allowance) for serving employees upon changes in appointment will be made in accordance with prevailing policies.
For External Applicants
3. Appointment will be on contract terms up to 3 years. Up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as end-of-contract gratuity may be offered upon completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
For All Applicants
4. Selected candidate will be posted to Hong Kong Children’s Hospital upon its commencement of operation in 2018 and, in the interim, subject to posting & deployment for training and service purposes as required by the management team of the Hong Kong Children’s Hospital.
5. May be required to work shifts and irregular hours as well as to perform on-call duties.
6. May be required to wear N-95 mask and Personal Protective Equipment upon discharge of duties.
7. May be required to work in another work location to meet service needs of the HA.
Please submit application online on or before 21 May 2018 . For enquiries, please telephone 3513 3309 or 3513 3308.