Executive Chef Senior Management Jobs Vacancy in Michael Page
Michael Page urgently required following position for Executive Chef Senior Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Chef Senior Management Jobs Vacancy in Michael Page Jobs Details:
Our client's expedition ships brings the boutique experience to guests with the added promise of authenticity. Their Explorer is a well-designed luxury river cruise ship, regarded to be the prior choice of vacationers to cruise on Yangtze River in China.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for:
- the entire galley staff, food planning, quality control, food purchasing and food budget control
- direct all the culinary and associated activities throughout the vessel either personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors
- ensure that all the Galley staff are trained and familiar with HACCP or/and UKPH regulations and sanitation and all galley work stations are up to the required standards
- review the existing menus and implement improvements where needed.
- ensure that all galley staff personal appearance/ hygiene/ attitude meet the cruise line standards and regulations
- Spot check the various galley work stations and random food tasting in order to ensure that the quality of food production is up to the standards set by the cruise line
- review all financial transactions and monitor budget to ensure efficient operations and keeping to the pre-set expenditure limits
- Ability to work with Western and Chinese menus
The Successful Applicant
- Culinary school degree or approved certification
- Five to six years progressive managerial experience on a cruise ship or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service venue
- Previous cruise ship experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong managerial skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software products
- Must be able to plan, organise and complete work tasks and meet time deadlines
- Candidates must possess the ability to manage international staff in a positive and productive manner
- Good command of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Ability to lead Chinese team
What's on Offer
The ship operates from mid Mar to end of November and then goes to dry dock for the winter. Successful candidate could either stay until the end of the season or remain permanently employed even during the winter period ( half salary).