Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific urgently required following position for Data Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Cathay Pacific Jobs Details:
Reports to: Operation Analytics Manager
This role will need to generate actionable analytics and insights and extend it as an integral component of major business change and investment programmes, including flight operations, services deliveries, customer & loyalty management as well as sales management. He/she will bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to extract relevant insights from data, build solution and algorithm with measurable impact and appropriate verification plans and introduce new capabilities such as data, tools and culture to advance the analytical power of the company.
- Provide advanced analytics support primarily on operations management and optimization, other areas include Customer life cycle management, campaign optimization and personalization, as well as demand forecast
- Translate unstructured business questions into quantitative problems
- Advise on appropriate analytical models based on available data, technology and platform
- Prototyping advance analytics and machine learning solutions for business partners
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure insights are used to maximise value
- Make intelligent approximations to the model if required to make it scalable and operatable
- Partner with IT in productionalizing machine learning models
- Anticipate needs and lead implementation of capabilities such as data modelling, algorithms, new technology & partners
- Drive knowledge sharing and improvement in analytics skills across Digital Streams and relevant business units
- Recommend and implement the development path of capabilities and skillsets to foster a culture of applying data & insight driven culture in decision making
- Master degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Statistics or related disciplines
- Minimal 5 years’ work experience in data science, proven track record of leveraging large amount of data to drive significant business impact
- Advanced analytical skills, experience in recommending appropriate algorithm and methodology for problem-solving and decision making, leveraging both logic and creativity
- Experience in protoyping and productionalizing advance analytics solutions in business
- Expert in statistical analysis tools and machine learning languages (Ideally Python, Spark) other big data tools (e.g. R, Hive, Hadoop), as well as query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, ideally Qlikview, PowerBI
- Proficiency in analytics & query tools e.g. Alteryx
- Essential to have strong understanding in database concepts & data modelling, business intelligence disciplines & data management tools
- Sound communication skills to work with business partners of different levels and background. Be able to articulate ideas verbally and in written forms
- Solid understanding of latest analytics technology and concepts, trends of platform & tools
Application Deadline: 1 June 2018
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Computer Science, SQL, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Technology